I’m a type of person who feels really bad just by folding a page of any (story) books. They are literally like my treasure and I take care of them with all of my heart! Moreover, me having a very bad memory can never remember the page I left off the day before and I end up reading three pages all over, again. So, I usually make some DIY bookmarks! As my last bookmarks got really old I thought of making some new ones and do a small tutorial on it! I won’t be explaining all of the bookmarks I did, I’ll just explain the base of each bookmark and then give some ideas to decorate them!
MATERIALS YOU’LL NEED:
- Water Color Paper
- Washi Tape
- Water Color
- Painting Brushes
HOW TO MAKE DIY BOOKMARKS:
- First stick the washi tapes across the paper, make sure the sizes of each rectangle are suitable for a bookmark.
- Paint one rectangle at a time.
For getting the watery look, first wet the small rectangle section with a paintbrush, then add splashes of color and blend them well. Don’t use too much water or your page may get really thin and the color may get dull. Paint in whatever color or pattern you want, just stick with a definite color palette for each rectangle or they can end up being just a clutter of some green and dark brown color.
- Then Peel off all the Washi tape and cut the rectangles with scissors. Keep a good amount of white edge for each bookmark then trim it off.
- Decorate in any way you want!
- Calligraphy quotes with
- Geometric Lines with
- Or just go creative, do whatever comes to your mind.
That’s it I hope you enjoyed and it helped!
Are You A Bookworm?